We are currently running Starbound 1.0 (Unstable) with a working planet chat mod! Come join us!
Orion's Edge is a mature Starbound roleplaying server where we strive to maintain a lore rich setting with emphasis on the more serious thematic elements in the game. Political superpowers are vying for control, governments will react to crime and unethical behavior - characters might use this to their advantage, or find themselves in a sticky situation when the United Systems declares them an outlaw with a bounty.
Roleplaying is mandatory on our server, and you must be eighteen years of age to sign up.
Join us now at: www.orionsedge.com
Our server has some interesting features to facilitate player needs:
- Planet chat mod available, use the "/say" or "/s" command to talk to players on your planet.
- Beautiful worlds and space stations created by players and staff to breathe life into the setting. The player's first stop is Saiph's Landing, a United Systems battlestation with a repurposed wing acting as a civilian district, providing basic necessities such as a refueling station, a shopping center and a café.
- Whitelist account system where users must complete a short quiz about the rules and the server before an account is immediately created for them.
- Useful custom commands: /scry brings up a list of players online and their locations if known, /examine lets you see custom descriptions that players can set with /setexamine, the /roll command lets you roll dice that other players see, and /t "John Stalvern" lets you send private messages to players, even when their name contains a space.
- World-specific lore and rules that are sent to players upon entering a location.
- Automatic backups of all server worlds every 3 hours.
The current year is 2416. Humanity and its United Systems, despite the loss of Earth eight years prior, have expanded across the galaxy to join the other political superpowers; The Flightless and The Miniknog. The Glitch Hivemind, the Hylotl Government and the near countless Floran tribes hold more neutral positions on the galactic stage. The Novakid almost a footnote to be ignored. Many minor powers exist, be they independent mono and multicultural planet-states, groups of Grounded, free Glitch, rebel Apex, trade federations, or warlords who have claimed systems for their own.
The recent loss of Earth to the dormant ‘Beast From Beyond the Stars’, a tragic attack that ripped out the cultural heart of the United Systems, has spurred the galaxy into a state of unrest. The United Systems Colonial Marines massive growth in manpower and political sway, as well as the revelation of the planet-destroying Beast, has created an atmosphere of anxiety and high tension, compelling other superpowers to act. The Orion Spur is one of the many stages for this currently bloodless conflict, where United Systems pressure, along with the discovery of new travel routes, is pushing back what was originally uncontested Miniknog territorial claims.
Explorers, colonists, adventurers and mercenaries all flock to the Orion Spur, eager to take advantage of the relatively untapped natural resources, and to take part in the coming conflict, whether it be as allies, trade partners, associates or enemies.